Friday, April 17, 2009

Irony

So this is a conversation while out on the playground at work:



Kiddo: (bounces up to me and other staff) It smells like something is burning!!

(Everyone sniffs the air)

Staff 1: Yeah, it does.

Kiddo: It smells like burning tomato soup!

Me: Tomato soup?

Kiddo: Yeah! I love tomato soup. Except when it is burning. And then it NOT my favorite at all. But unburnt tomato soup is my favorite.

Staff 1: I think it smells like burnt toast.

Kiddo: Hahaha! It is NOT burnt toast! Silly. Why would it smell like burnt toast outside?!

Staff 1: Hmm. I guess I don't know.

(Kiddo bounces away)

Me: And it is more likely that it smells like burnt tomato soup than burnt toast...? I would have just said that someone was grilling.



For some reason, this was so funny to the kiddo. Why in the world would it smell like burnt toast outside....? You never eat toast outside.... LOL! We got a good laugh out of this. Thought I'd share.

No comments: