Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Check Me Out



Two projects in one day?!

What?!

Ok, so after I finished my color wrap earlier, I felt that I was on a roll. Haha. Pun intended. Color wrap... roll.. haha. Nevermind.

But I had a hard time keeping the momentum going. So after a Chinese take-out dinner with my husband, I was able to get my groove back and start cutting again. I think that is the worst part. Cutting. Or getting poked with pins. That sucks too.

Our "new" dining room that we just finished needed a little bit of coverage. By coverage, I mean putting up some curtains or something because we have fairly nosey neighbors. Not everyone gets the cops called on them by the neighbors when friends come to visit like we do.

The paint color I chose for the dining room is called "Beacon Falls", but since that isn't really a color description, I'm gonna call it light blue. Funny story about the "Beacon Falls"; when I got back from the store after picking it out, I lined up about a dozen color swatches for my husband to guess which one I picked. He responded with, "I bet you picked the one that's called "BACON Falls" because it sounds crazy." Haha. Right in the fact that I picked that color... but it wasn't because of the bacon.

Anyway, it is light enough that in pictures, you can't REALLY tell that it is blue. But it is. Especially at night. So, we decided on a simple curtain to cover the window that is a medium brown. It has a nice light pattern on it of some foliage.


Here's the finished project!


Open:
Closed:

I'm still trying to decide if I should make a matching panel so that there are two hanging panels or just leave it the way it is. I'd also like to make at least one tie-back so that when it is open, it'll stay open.
Now I just need to make one for the door to match!

No comments: