Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quilting Blogs

I cracked open my new sewing machine almost immediately.


Since I was still in the Spirit of the Season, I figured I'd make my wonderful husband a new Christmas stocking. Last year when I was still living in Wisconsin with my parents, I used my Mom's sewing machine quite a bit and being that I am IN LOVE with colors and textures, I accumulated a lot of craft supplies and fabric. It was with these fabrics and fat quarters that I was able to piece this together. Ultimately, I just wanted to knock something out with my new machine. I like the colors and patterns on the fabric, but I probably should have used a real pattern to cut out the shape of this stocking. Haha.




So then I used the scraps of the fat quarters to just practice a little with different cuts, shapes, etc. It, like many of my projects is unfinished, but I want to turn this into a tote. Just have a quilted side and I think it'll work as a good bag.




And since I still had fat quarters left, I wanted to try a Bargello. I know, I know... lots of work. And it was, but I just want to test the waters right now with all my projects. I'm sure some things are WAY out of my league, but I just want to try things to get ideas. So here's a quick shot of my Bargello. Again, just like most of my things, it is unfinished.


Another thing I got "into" if you will, when I was in Wisconsin was working on baby quilts. Now, I know NO ONE that is having a baby, but I still love making baby quilts. I had purchased some fabrics that I really wanted to work with and so I've finally cut them all up and started putting together another baby quilt. I don't think it'll take me very long to make it, but my husband likes the "nine-patch" more than the "disappearing nine-patch", so that cuts out some of the work.

No comments: