Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Start

The new year started a little different than I expected, but the changes have been amazing. My new hubby returned from Iraq and my big personal change was that after leaving my job, I was able to drop my muscle relaxants, anti-depressants, and response drugs for migraine issues. I think that was one of the best things I could have done.



In the search for change, I started fixing up the house. I started with my "craft room". It is kind of my catch-all room, including our guest bed and craft storage. I feel incredibly organized and inspired by this room. It is un-cluttered and ultimately, makes me happy. It has rapidly become my little sewing center thanks to my wonderful Mom who bought me my first sewing machine for Christmas.




The next room I had to change thanks to really out-dated wallpaper and the new towels we got as wedding presents was the bathroom. I didn't get any good pictures of this, but imagine a light teal with cream and chocolate accents. I LOVE it!


From there, I took on the dining room. Now, I'm going to show a picture and I'm well aware that the pictures do not do the work justice. The house is from the 50's or 60's and the wallpaper must have been too. It was a horrific solid wall of green and pink plaid with baskets of fruit as a high border around the entire room. Small details, but the curtains must have been original to the house also, seeing that they were the worst winter scene I've ever seen. By removing the wallpaper, I had to spend another 8+ hours with goo and a scraper to get all the glue off. Which, in turn, scraped off all the texture. My next move was to fumigate the place by putting new texture on the walls. And finally the paint. As I said, you definitely can't see the extent of the work that went into it, but it is there.
So now that everything is done, I started on new projects. All of them include fabric, thread, needles, and a lot of stitches.
It makes me happy.

1 comment:

stillarockstar said...

CHEERS to feeling BETTER!