Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Project


Ok, so I've been hoarding fabrics like no one's business and as I've mentioned before, I LOVE COLORS! Which lead me to my new project. I've been procrastinating a little on it because I didn't have the motivation to really do all the detail work that I kind of assumed would be involved in this. But it wasn't that bad!


I found a picture of a similar project in a book a few weeks ago as I was sitting on the Borders floor waiting for my husband to pick out books he wanted to buy. There was only one person at the time that I thought would appreciate it, so it became her birthday present. Shhh... don't tell.


It took me awhile to actually pick out the fabrics that I wanted to use and still make it a complete, yet flowing appropriately color wheel. The main body is made of a duckcloth canvas and once rolled up, ties with ribbon.



4 comments:

Maxine said...

Hey, that looks really good! I like how the colors go so well with the pencils, and that you've got patterned fabric too.

Jules said...

It is beautiful!

teaginny said...

This is so great! I want to to do one of the these, but I don't want to hunt through my stash for a color for every pencil. You did a great job of that. I love the decorative stitch you added.

Amanda Melita said...

Holy Buckets! I can definitely appreciate the work that went into this one! 1/4 yard of fabric please!!! :) Love this, Erica!!