Monday, March 22, 2010

Bugs {AND} Birds


I started this blanket a few weeks ago. My Mom has a quilt that is a bunch of blues and greens and other random colors pieced together, like this. The white looking pieces have the little birds on them; fabric that I found when I was up visiting my family in Wisconsin. I used this quilt as my teaching quilt for my friend who is learning to quilt.



I've also seen several quilts in the blogging world that really inspired me to do small squares. They can be so simple, but they really have an impact and can look so stunning. I don't think I'd quite classify mine in the "stunning" category, but it was definitely fun to make. It is a decent size baby blanket. I just love making them because my attention span usually ends at 50 inches square.

No comments: