Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quilt for Kids


In my previous post, I said I did a quilt for the Quilt for Kids project. I am VERY excited to say that I'm done with it (in record setting time, I'd say) and nearly ready to send it back in the mail. Just needs to be washed and dried.


The Quilt for Kids, Inc. is a program that takes donated fabric and fabric that would otherwise have landed in a landfill and make quilts for kids that are hospitalized, in poverty stricken families, or who have been victims of crime. Their website has stories of children keeping their "security blankie" on their lap as they appear in court or on their bed as they receive their next dose of chemo.

Every blanket has been handmade by volunteer quilters and Downy "Touch of Comfort" has now partnered with Quilt for Kids to provide a monetary donation for every specially labeled product they sell.


Yep, this was a pretty good use of my National Quilting Day. And in case you can't tell, the blue squares on the inside of the quilt have bright yellow duckies on them.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

It's bright but think of how that's going to light up a hospital bed. : )

stillarockstar said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Thanks for making a difference in this world... :)