Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pity Party: Long Post Ahead

Yesterday was a ROUGH day...

Love left early for work, so I started early on my sewing. 

I was already feeling alone and depressed; a little to do with being home and constantly working on things, but not really seeing TONS of progress.  That and my usual group of people that I talk to everyday have slowly been online less and less, including all the normal blogs I read haven't been updated as frequently lately.  So, with no one to talk to and nothing to read, I set myself down with a cup of sweet tea, an old black and white movie and got to sewing.  Only to spill the ENTIRE glass of tea on the spare bed as I swooshed fabric around the room.  Sad. 

So I took apart the bed and started the laundry.  And sat back down to sew. 

Now, the piece I'm working on now isn't high on the difficulty scale, but it sure is putsy and takes FOREVER.  It is slow moving work and after my machine decided to chunk its way through a few seams, I had to stop and pull out the seam-ripper. 

Frustrated, I checked back online to see if any blogs had been updated or if anyone was online to talk to.  Nope.  No changes.

Then, an idea hit me.  If I want to really get into the photography biz, I'm going to need somewhere else to print and help organize photos.  And then I found it.  A company that will sell, print, mail, and deposit photos and money for me.  I know, sounds too good to be true, right?  I did a lot of research.  It is a pretty solid company that has been around for YEARS and while I figured it would cost me something, I wouldn't have to deal with orders or money or CREDIT CARD FEES.  WhoOo!

I got really excited about it and REALLY wanted to spill my guts to someone about how excited I was, but remember?  No one was online.  Love was at work (and had forgotten his phone at home).  And so I sat there.  Wallowing in my own sadness that no one could be excited with me.

Pity party commence!

I turned back to my project I'm working on, but again, having problems with the needle and the ca-chunk ca-chunk of the machine made me stop.  I grabbed my computer and decided to Google solutions while watching some TV. 

In case you weren't aware, there is NOTHING on TV on Friday nights.  So, with nothing to watch, and nothing to sew, and no one to talk to, I was getting really frustrated.

And somewhere in there, my mind drifted to where I want to take a photography business.  What would I like to do and what would I need to start off with.  I'm pretty confident with my dSLR, but in my online searching last night, I TOTALLY fell in love with a new lens.  Then I thought, "Well, maybe I can convince Love that with some of our tax refund, I could get this new lens and get my photography business off the ground; make some actual money off of it."

And then Love FINALLY came home, but had other things on his mind.  So...  I find myself still frustrated and dreaming.

But I currently have a few photography gigs lined up, so... that's a bonus.  Senior pictures, family portraits and sporting events; here I come.

1 comment:

American Sheepdog said...

Hey Love! Sorry, I wasn't as excited as you were about the photography. I think it is a great idea and you are an amazing photgrapher! I fall more in love with you every day!