Wednesday, March 10, 2010

PUPPY!!

WE ARE GETTING A PUPPY!

That's right! A Puppy!

The puppy talk started a long time ago for Love and I. Then, a couple of months ago, we SERIOUSLY started talking about puppies. What do we like, what don't we like, how will a puppy handle the bird, how will the bird handle a puppy, what kinds of puppies are good for families, what is our purpose for a puppy, do we want a working dog or a couch potato, etc... etc.. etc..

My Mom has always listened as we talked about puppies, but ultimately, I'm pretty sure she thought we were just dreaming and all full of talk because we never really ACTED on getting a puppy.

Then, last weekend as we were driving up to visit her and the rest of my family, she called and said that a woman she works with is having an accidental litter of pups and wants them to go to families that will take care of them instead of sending them to the pound. We said YES! YES! YES!

Our soon-to-be puppy isn't born yet, but should arrive in April sometime. So, start the puppy-proofing for the house!

In light of the puppy excitement, I'm starting the search for fabric to make me a "Scottie". Pretty exciting!

No comments: