Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Need Of Professional Help


So...


I said that I was going to get motivated. When I sat down at the sewing machine yesterday, I WANTED to make the puppy bed. The design I wanted is really simple with a ripstop nylon bladder of sorts to hold the fluff, but a zipping, removable case to put it in for decoration and warmth. I picked a BEAUTIFUL plaid that is a cream and teal color. Very excited.


But.


As I was sitting at my sewing table, stuffing the bladder full of fluff, an AMAZING idea came to my head. Where it started, I really have no clue, but I realized that I would like to use up some of the scraps from my previous projects. This pile of scraps are [read: were] pieces of every shape and size, but after picking through my collection, I thought I could make something of a quilt with the blues and purples.



I'm not one for puzzles all the time, but whoa. I went at it and this is really nothing but a puzzle. I think I'll call this one Pieces of Me. As I was working my way through this quilt, I realized that it is almost a metaphor for my life right now. And I like it. I'll have finished pictures of it later. It is taking me a little longer to quilt it than I thought it would.

No comments: